The Solid Science Behind HOCL
What Is Hypochlorous Acid?
Hypochlorous Acid (HOCL) is a key component of our body’s internal defense system. It is naturally produced by white blood cells to fend off infection, bacteria, and injury to the skin. Made up of hydrogen, oxygen, and chlorine (HOCl), it is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory.
Interest in HOCL has grown over the past two years because of its verified power as a disinfectant against COVID-19. Because it is non hazardous for use on humans and animals, it is the perfect alternative to harsh chemicals like bleach, chlorine and alcohol. This has led to widespread use as a hard-core cleaner and for a daily skin care product, especially for those with sensitive skin.
How Does HOCL Work?
HOCl attacks invading pathogens, including bacteria, virus and fungus, breaking down their cell walls to destroy unhealthy invaders. The antimicrobial acid is lethally effective in carrying out its protective mission.
Chemists long ago figured out how to make HOCL by using electrolysis to break down a simple saltwater solution. More recently, manufacturing advancements allowed HOCl to be made in larger quantities with longer shelf life – a key to more widespread use for cleaning supplies and skin care products.
How HOCL Benefits Your Skin
What makes HOCL different from other skincare products is that it is ultra powerful at destroying bacteria, the cause of many skin problems. It is also non-toxic and incredibly gentle on your skin. That gentleness is a byproduct of it being naturally produced by your body’s immune system. This makes it great for people with sensitive skin because it won’t give you the dryness, burning or irritation caused by alcohol or other harsh chemicals.
HOCL can support your skin in two ways:
- Skin that is susceptible to skin conditions, like eczema or acne like blemishes, harbors more bacteria and therefore is prone to more infections. The anti-inflammatory effects of HOCL makes it useful for fighting breakouts, soothing skin, and repairing damage. HOCl breaks up the bacteria, which can lead to fewer flare ups and offer healing.
- Skin is also incredibly tough and durable – a necessity given its role as an outer barrier protecting your inner workings. That front-line role leaves your skin vulnerable to cuts, scrapes and irritation from environmental and other external factors.
When used topically, HOCL can help your skin:
- Fight bacteria that causes clogged pores and acne
- Combat inflammation and conditions such as eczema or psoriasis
- Speed up wound healing and repair damage
An Ideal Disinfectant, Sanitizer and Deodorizer
HOCL has been around for years and is trusted as a disinfectant in schools and hospitals because of its powerful ability to kill almost all harmful bacteria while still being safe to the human body. This makes it ideal for use in your home, office or car as an effective and safe way to clean, disinfect and deodorize your living space without the use of toxic chemicals.
If you compare HOCL to other disinfectants, you’ll see that it is far superior in terms of safety and effectiveness:
Meet Dr. Burd, Renowned Biochemist CEO/Founder
Wonder Spray was founded by Dr. John Burd, a renowned biochemist and the founder and former CEO of Dexcom, Inc., the leader in Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems. His current research is focused on formulating healthy natural solutions to common skin and health-related issues by harnessing the power of HOCL for everyday use.
Dr. Burd has dedicated his career to helping family members and others.
Education & History
- ^University of Wisconsin (1975) – PhD in Biochemistry. Not an MD.
- ^Founder and inaugural CEO of Dexcom. Market leading system for continuous glucose monitoring. Helping 2 million people worldwide.
- ^Winner of the Ullman Award for Innovation in Clinical Chemistry
- ^In the American Association of Clinical Chemistry Hall of Fame
- ^40 year career dedicated to solving health problems using biochemistry.